Informations are collected in four sections, please use the menu on the left side.
- IN MOTION: if possible, while the machine is running;
- WHEN IT'S HOT: even if the machine is not running, sample the oil within 30 minutes from the shutdown, at the working temperature (max. 80 ° C);
- NOT after oil changes, or after significant oil refilling;
- REGULARLY, with intervals (hours or km) optimized based on:
- Critical issues of the machine in the production process;
- Repair costs in case of unexpected failure;
- Harshness of operational conditions, level of contamination, cycles of use, oil changes.
- STANDARD PROCEDURE: standardize the sampling procedures to perform repeatable samples;
- BEFORE THE FILTERS: sample preferably before of the filtering systems;
- DYNAMIC SAMPLING: if possible, sample from lines near curves, where the flow is more turbulent;
- STATIC SAMPLING: from tank or crankcase, to mid-height.
- NEW AND CLEAN MATERIAL: always use new and clean bottles, tubes, syringes;
- SAMPLE QUANTITY: use bottles of the right size (100, 250, 500, 1000 ml), based on the analysis program planned for the machine to be sampled.
- DO NOT decant; do not reuse the sampling material;
- Before and after sampling, always keep the CLOSED THE BOTTLES.
The lubricant sampling points depend on the type and configuration of the machinery.
Mecoil is able to assist customers in the selection of sampling points and sampling intervals, by inspections on the plant and specific training.