Information is provided in four sections, please use the color coded menu to the left.
- IN MOTION: if possible, while the machine is still running;
- WHEN IT'S HOT: even if the machine is no longer running, sample the oil within 30 minutes from the shutdown, at the working temperature (max. 80 ° C);
- DO NOT: sample after an oil change, or after significant oil refilling;
- SAMPLE REGULARLY: with intervals (hours or km) optimized based on:
- Critical issues of the machine in the production process;
- Repair costs in case of unexpected failure;
- Harshness of operational conditions, level of contamination, cycles of use, oil changes.
- STANDARD PROCEDURE: standardize the sampling procedures to collect repeatable samples;
- BEFORE THE FILTERS: sample preferably before the oil enters the filtering systems;
- DYNAMIC SAMPLING: if possible, sample from oil lines near curves, where the flow is more turbulent;
- STATIC SAMPLING: from oil tank or crankcase, at mid-height.
- NEW AND CLEAN MATERIAL: always use new and clean bottles, tubes, and syringes;
- SAMPLE QUANTITY: use bottles of the right size (100, 250, 500, 1000 ml), based on the analysis program planned for the machine to be sampled.
- DO NOT: decant, nor reuse the sampling material;
- Before and after sampling, always keep THE BOTTLES CLOSED.
The lubricant sampling points depend on the type and configuration of the machinery.
Mecoil is able to assist customers in selecting sampling points and sampling intervals, by inspections of the plant and specific training.