The SpectroVisc Q3000 series viscometers are the first truly portable, solvent-free, temperature-controlled 40C kinematic viscometers, providing high-accuracy measurements for easy detection of viscosity variations caused by contamination, mix-up and oil degradation. The devices were designed to determine kinematic viscosity in the field for applications where immediate results are essential for determining the health of critical equipment.
The SpectroVisc Q3000 family includes two models
- SpectroVisc Q3050 portable viscometer, 1-700 cSt @ 40° C
- SpectroVisc Q3000 portable viscometer, 10-350 cSt @ 40° C
Features & Benefits
- Conforms to ASTM WK40831 – “New Test Method for Field Determination of Kinematic Viscosity Using Microchannel Viscometer”
- A measure of a liquid’s flow under the influence of gravity is provided at a constant temperature, so viscosity can be compared and trended with prior readings. Requires no density check, temperature measurement, instrument pre-configuration or calculation
- Using a very small sample size; the sampling chamber controls temperature while infrared sensors measure flow and trajectory, delivering immediate results
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, battery and microprocessor
- Works with transparent and opaque oils
- No cleaning solvent necessary
- Designed for remote locations, the SpectroVisc Q3000 series includes a hinged cover that protects the sample chamber and touch screen while being carried by hand, in a toolbox or in a knapsack
Stays charged for more than 6 hours. Built-in universal charger for use worldwide; region-specific power cable included. The SpectroVisc units can be ordered as a combination kit with the FluidScan® Q1000 or Q1100 portable infrared fluid condition monitors.
More information: http://www.spectrosci.com/product/pvisc-q3000/